This category is for flash fiction and art for children under the age of 12. A parent or guardian must submit the child's work with permission for us to publish it.
- Stories, art or a combination
of such must have been conceived of and written by someone under the age
of 12. However, we ask that an adult over the age of 18 please
submit this work to us with permission to publish it online.
- Whenever possible, we would like to see a
photograph of the writing itself (scrawls, misspellings, colors and
all). Where necessary, the parent or guardian can also provide a
"translation" for us!
- Please send all attachments--including photos of your child-- as .jpg files.
- Please include a short bio as a document and photo of the child as separate jpeg. (If you prefer us not to use
the child's full name or photo, that's fine, too—just let us know.)
- Stories we select will be published on SmokeLong Quarterly's blog. They will not be included in the quarterly issue.
- If your child's story is accepted for publication, please wait three months before submitting again.
- We understand that the line between poetry and prose is faint when it comes to children's art, but please keep in mind that SmokeLong Quarterly does not publish poetry.